Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 5 Greece Halkidiki/Thessaloniki

Well kalemera everyone,today started off nice and slow with a magic omelet with feta cheese and coffee, once again watching the sun come up over Mt Athos with the glistening turquoise water of the Aegean calling out to me( I know sound a bit reminiscent of an Ernest Hemingway novel ) I'm getting a little carried away with the beauty but is great.













Anyway after breakfast we headed down down to the beach gave the Hobo a wave on the way through I think he gave me the bird back, so I take back all what I said about him on the last blog and hope the tide comes in and sweeps him away( that's was probably a bit much ). We get on the beach set our selves up with coffee its 9.30am 27deg sensational I know, we start by fixing Greece's economic woes put in new austerity measures and go for swim absolutely fantastic I swam for about an hour until the old man started to complain about how he hates sitting on a beach, where in Greece for the love of God you have beaches and ruins and we have both if you regard the Hobos house as a ruin.






















Any way we go back up to the house have a shower tidy up and hit the road for Thessaloniki, stopping on the way at a lovely Taverna on the Beach in this little fishing village. Once again a brilliant Greek meal comprising of 73 different seafood dishes including Spaghetti with prawns(yes you heard right the Greeks invented spaghetti also) remember my father doesn't eat fish, well today he did (again, I was looking for snapper) we drank a couple bottles of ouzo and few beers and sat there and spoke about the Olive oil processing plant I just bought in partnership with a man named Costa, who also  gave me a slightly used goat (Lee we will talk about t it when i get home ) also we own an Island, a small Island, low Maintenance Costa told me one goat should keep the grass down. See what happens after 2 bottles of ouzo any way enough of the side tracking. After a couple of minutes talking about how the Greeks invented Spaghetti and Democracy (I think I met him today) the old man started to get worried that we wouldn't make it back in time to meet the relatives from his Mums side so we hit the road.































We get back to Tellie and Voulas house in Thessaloniki were we wait for my Auntie and Uncle Chrissy and Basil who get there about an hour after we do, so by that stage the old man is having Kittens. He hurries everyone in to the car and we head off into town to Dads Thia Thomai apartment were we met by there hole family Noula,Chrisoula,Tasoula,Haritoula,Thomai,Sofie,George,Noulas 2 grandchildren,Vangeli,Mary and Theo Fucko( yes you heard right)  where Dad tries to convince them that they are all Turkish. Mum OMG (remember what that means oh my god) did he get Chrissy fired up and the relies (you cant take him any where) any way great night great stories from the old days, a quick phone call to Tellie who was there in 10 mins and we started the Gran Prix drive back to his house and that's it for today. Good night from Greece good morning in Australia.




















No comments:

Post a Comment