Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1 - Paris

After a Very long time in transit (30 hours) and a well deserved rest in our magnificently comfortable beds, we put in a HUGE first day in Paris on foot. Our gorgeous apartment is on Rue de Tournelles, in the Marais (3 Arrondissiment), just a few short steps to a beautiful bakery (...will my arse spread if I have a quiche Lorraine for breakfast every day?), a sensational Spanish restaurant (we were eating tapas within hours of disembarking the plane) and of course a florist.... I can't believe how many florists there are in Paris, there's one on almost every corner!

100 meters up the road and Chenin Vert train station is right there, (and boy was that handy after walking for about 8 hrs covering about 10kms to the Eiffle Tower), so as far as our location goes, we feel like we've hit the jackpot!

On our way to the Notre dame, the river Siene was running fast.



Once we got up the the entrance and Nicholas saw a blind begger (who had a scary looking white eye) he decided he didn't "want to go to anymore landmarks because those beggers are freaking me out"

 Our first Glace, OMG possibly the BEST ice-cream we have ever tasted!




Frogs Legs or Snails anyone??
They LOVED it!!!



All in all a sensational start to the trip, loved every minute.

Keep you posted

X


7 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of this Blog Lee! Feel like I'm there... well not quite... but nearly! Enjoy my dear. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG only you can organise this in such a short time...LOVE IT...
    I can't believe the kids ate the snails and frog legs...I am not even sure that I would xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to know IF he bumped into the Accidental tourist the French Police & Army are hunting down (as per the Mug-Shot I sent you Ben!!). Let me know if you need reinforcements.... looks like a Job for Papa Vince!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a ball. How wonderful. Make sure you keep updating the blog as i am going to love following you around Europe. Maybe we could do one when we are in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the blog..a great idea..just said to Mads come and have a look at the page and she has just told me they are face timing liv..OMG..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell the TRUTH Ben! Has anyone TOUCHED & TRIMMED you HEAD like me???????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben..... there is an ART to taking truly scenic photos & videos!! The kids are instrumental.... make sure you give a LOT of consideration as to their position so that the target site(s) is not negatively impacted!! Do I need to draw a picture??

    ReplyDelete